Roaring River Trout Fishing...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
David and Dennis,

If you all ever want to know the "No-see-um-people" fishing holes, let me know and I'll PM you. I wouldn't do it for locals, since they should know well enough where the holes are unless they're super lazy, but I know how tough it is finding decent fishing areas in a place you're not familiar with. Starting in a week or two, they should begin stocking below the park in addition to the areas inside the park. Almost all the areas Dad and I fish can be reached by hip waders or creek bank.

Other than on opening days, 90% of the time I never run into another fisherman where we fish at. The ones we got today were true fighters after being in all winter as well.

I know it sounds bad to wish for, but I really hope we get a 10 or 15' flood this spring, as it would really help clean the river out. Two floods ago, a hole washed out where Dad and I fish that was probably 10' deep, the only way to fish it was from the gravel bar at the head of it(in the middle of the river) and it was loaded! Sadly, it filled in the next flood. We've been hoping for that one to come out again ever since.

David if I have time when I come through, or when I head up beforehand, I'll give you a yell!

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has been several years since I fished Roaring River. We camped out in the National Forest. I had my ultralights, net, wirebasket and plenty of RoosterTail Spiners to throw. Ended up limiting out each morning by 9am and back to camp to make breakfast and sleep.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JRSherman,

I would be interested in knowing about your "No-see-um-people" fishing holes, if you are willing to share...

quote - "David if I have time when I come through, or when I head up beforehand, I'll give you a yell!" - Okie Dokie...

I just looked at a couple of trout pictures from Roaring River from a couple years ago and there was a LOT more water then than what there has been in the past year or two...

I too wish we would get a HEAVY rainfall. Not all at once though but, spread out over a couple of days - non-stop....

D&T

Latest posts

Top Bottom