Rob Wallace Democratic candidate for Congress wants to take your guns!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Classy and original. And what, pray tell, do you do for a living? Or would it get your hard drive seized?

I think you just got trolled JB! :D

He is definitely a player. But he will get noticed doing things like that. Mullins got a good plumbing company. Helped us out a lot. Not sure if that qualifies him for politics...too sensible maybe. Don't remember which OK politician said this but a Tulsa World report on reps voting noted this rep from OKC area saying he allways votes how HE believes... Isn't he supposed to vote the feelings of the general population of the area he represents? Or have I completely missunderstood the system?

That's why you try to vote for the person that most lines up with how you believe. A politician thinks they got voted in for how they believe, so they vote that way.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you just got trolled JB! :D

That's why you try to vote for the person that most lines up with how you believe. A politician thinks they got voted in for how they believe, so they vote that way.

Two good points:

First...JB just got trolled. It doesn't happen often but apparently it CAN happen.

Secondly, a politician does think they got voted in for how they believe. Put yourself in their shoes though. I'm not trying to makes excuses for politicians but think of how incredibly difficult it is to know how the majority of your constituents feel on every given issue. Have you seen voter turnout rates lately? There aren't a lot of messages to be gleaned there. How many people actually write to their representatives these days? The only people that take the time to write are the ones that feel STRONGLY about something. The people toward the center just don't bother with it. REAL public opinion surveys that can be trusted with any degree of confidence are tremendously expensive.

At the end of the day, they probably have to vote how they feel a lot of the time because A.) Their platform got them elected, and B.) they aren't receiving any input that can be trusted. I've said it before and I'll say it again. We get the government that we deserve.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kind of s silly blanket statement.

There is room for compromise. We can work together to enact and enforce common-sense laws and improvements – like closing the gun show loophole, improving our background check system, and reinstating the assault weapons ban, so that guns do not fall into the hands of terrorists or criminals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom