Robber shot in Cali - worried about the clerk who did it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have mixed emotions about it... again, we don't know if the reporting is accurate or not, but shooting someone fleeing from you is not usually considered kosher for a self-defense claim.

Depends on the circumstances.

If I’m in a fight for my life with an armed attacker who just pistol whipped me and shot(s) have already been fired, I’ll be damned if I’m going to let him take a better position to possibly re-engage me.

He has already proved what his intent was. I’m not going to chase him outside the building, but I’m going to continue to neutralize the threat of a still armed attacker regardless of the directing he is heading.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After watching the video it's hard for me to tell when he shot the guy. The attack was vicious though, not gonna say it's a happy ending until they decide NOT to press charges.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But will the prosecuter feel the same way?
Impossible to say for certain, but the prosecutor usually considers the police report, and the sheriff's office is usually somewhat familiar with how the prosecutor's office works. So it's just an indicator, but it does so far point toward unlikely he would be prosecuted. Unless he is. LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom