Rock Island G.I. 45acp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But it you wont be disappointed, and they have the best customer service in the industry. I would spend the extra $50.00 and get the Tachtical, it has all the bells and whistles.

Gillman, if yours is shooting 5 " groups I'd sent it in and have them look it over. Mine shoots more like 2" groups.

Mine shoots 5" groups with my eyes, and my experience with hand guns. I am sure the gun can do better. That one is the compact with 3.5" barrel. I have had some better groups, but it is after a while in the practice session. Right now it is more me than anything.

I agree, if it is not too late, spend the extra for the tactical version.

I seen that. I have a buddy that is an FFL and I had him order me one from SOG for $349. It will cost more in the end because of sales tax, but I figured what the hell.

If you pay for it, and he does the transfer, you shouldn't have to pay tax. If he buys it, and you buy it from him, then you have to pay tax.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a compact and tactical. They are both very good shooters. With mine, I think the compact is a little more accurate. At about 7 yds, I can make one big hole with it. After two mags, it was about 1.5" with a single flyer on my last shot opening it up to 3ish". I got excited at my nice tight group. :rolleyes2

For reference, that's about as tight as I can shoot with any handgun I've shot without a rest.

doctruptwn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone compared the Compact and the full size RIs for accuracy?
I've thought about one as an entry level 1911.
roosterk

Rooster, I have several Govt length Rock's and a compact.

5" 38 super 2" groups 25 yards
5" 45 acp 1-1.5" groups 25 yards (really it just makes a single hole after about 10 rounds) GI site were replaced with 3 dot
3.5" Compact Tac 45 acp 2" groups 25 yards
5" 22lr 3" groups 25 yards ( doesn't really count, It is a Kimber conversion)

Gillman, I see what your saying, It's hell getting old isn't it. I have escaped vision enhancement devices so far. My Vision will probably go to crap now that I've said that.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
RI is made by Armscor correct? If so I wouldnt wory about the slide. STI Spartan's are Armsco for those interested, and come in at just over $500.

Latest posts

Top Bottom