Rock River 1911s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think $2500 is a little too high, but from all I have read they are great gun's. They are also hard to come by since they don't make them any more.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rock River Arms is owned and operated by brothers Mark and Chuck Larson. Between 1981 and 1991 the Larsons worked at Springfield Armory, Inc., where Mark was the head armorer. From Springfield Armory, the Larsons went into partnership with Les Baer to form Les Baer Custom and build custom 1911pistols.

They build AR15's because that is where the money is. I suspect they will one day began to build 1911's again.

I own a 2002 Standard Match.

Rock River Arms Billet NM frame, beveled mag well
Forged NM slide, double serrations
Lowered and flared ejection port
Beavertail grip safety with raised pad
Serrated flat mainspring housing
Match Commander hammer and match sear
Tuned and polished extractor, extended ejector
Checkered slide stop, ambidextrous safety, polished feed ramp
Throated NM KART barrel with NM bushing
Aluminum speed trigger with crisp 3.5 lb pull, standard recoil guide and plug
Heine fixed rear sight base
Rock River Arms full profiled dovetail front sight
Walnut grips, lustrous blued finish, with one magazine
Tuned for total reliability, guaranteed to shoot 3" groups at 50 yards

It will hold its own with my CQB and GRP.

udiablo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a Wilson CQB .45 and alternate with a Novak-worked .45.

I consider the RockRiverArms .45s to be excellent quality pistols (and I'd rather have an RRA than an Ed Brown).

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I carry a Wilson CQB .45 and alternate with a Novak-worked .45.

I consider the RockRiverArms .45s to be excellent quality pistols (and I'd rather have an RRA than an Ed Brown).

Highly agree.
I'll not recommend brown 1911s when there are better options at that price point.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So here's a stupid question? If this is the same company that makes the ARs - why did they offer such cheaper options in the AR market by cutting everything out of "the chart" and yet, they never offered a cheaper 1911?

I didn't know anything about Rock River's 1911s until I talked to GMT about them - I may consider getting one for my next 1911 because I'm looking for a high-end gun, but I wasn't sure about an Ed Brown or Dan Wesson. A Rock River might be in my future.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They offered a few bare bones type 1911s but they weren't cheap. RRA stuff is high quality but unfortunately they no longer make them. I picked up one of their last frame and slide sets and that's what Barry is using as a base for my build.

Latest posts

Top Bottom