Roof repair question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

38Super

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I received a quote for repair for a roof leak. replacing roof ridge vent and three runs per the insurance claim. The quote states that "future conditions and inclement weather may reveal leaks that were not present at the time of inspection. Also, this is not a guarantee against moisture intrusion or a certification."
Does that sound normal? I don't recall a statement like that when we had the entire roof at our old house replaced 15 or so years ago.

So, are they not going to stand behind the work they do? Maybe I'm reading more into than I should be. The company came recommended by a neighbor that is having the work on his roof also.

Any input?

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Typical disclaimer for a patch. Not necessary on a complete roof.

Have them point out the leak BEFORE repair. IF you have future problem, you will know if the leak is same location.

Legitimate company, I wouldn't worry about quality work.

sushi & pistols

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds reasonable to me. I am a remodeling contractor and we do a fair share of roofs/ repairs. With the volitile weather here in Oklahoma (mainly hail) your roof is nearing the end of its life anyhow. Sound like your roofer is just covering their repair and putting said repair in writing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom