Ruger 6mm ARC coming Q1.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As far as I know savage, howa, and Seekins (Havak) are the only companies putting out 6 ARC. Ruger will be number 4 that I know of. I was going to build out of a Ruger American Grendel. But started looking at other calibers like 6GT. I was at a gun shop in Woodward and we starting talking about the 6 ARC. That’s what I found out that ruger dropped the new line up and 6 ARC was in it. I own 3 Ruger Americans. I will be adding number 4 to the safe when it comes out. I will upgrade it of course. 🤣

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As far as I know savage, howa, and Seekins (Havak) are the only companies putting out 6 ARC. Ruger will be number 4 that I know of. I was going to build out of a Ruger American Grendel. But started looking at other calibers like 6GT. I was at a gun shop in Woodward and we starting talking about the 6 ARC. That’s what I found out that ruger dropped the new line up and 6 ARC was in it. I own 3 Ruger Americans. I will be adding number 4 to the safe when it comes out. I will upgrade it of course. 🤣
I want a 6ARC to use as a lightweight hunter, I don’t care about its long range ability as much. I’m hoping they add the caliber to the regular lineup too but don’t mind a standard 20” gen 2 either. My Lapua is a 24” heavy barrel and it will shoot sub moa out to 400 easy and runs a midrange load of H4350 at 3110fps so a lighter shorter gun running 2800 ish for 400 and under I’d be okay with.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What’s the deal with the spirally fluted barrels? Is there a practical purpose for spiral vs. straight flutes, or is it just bling?
Bling. There is some thought that fluted barrels dissipate heat faster because more surface area is exposed, although I've never done the research to verify that.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great choice. Low recoil and a light rifle. Im shooting Berger 105’s in my ar now. Ruger makes a great rifle for the price.
I’ve got an American in 350 legend and it’s bone stock other than a aftermarket trigger spring. It is a ranch model with a 16” barrel and wears a 6x Leupold. It’s deadly within 200.

This Berger vld hunting bullets are devastating.

225 yards, all I could see was head and neck so I put it behind his ear

IMG_2492.jpeg
IMG_2489.jpeg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
They should have just brought the 6mm Dasher out of wildcat status and gave it some SAAMI specs and ran with it. Would it not fit in an AR platform?

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They should have just brought the 6mm Dasher out of wildcat status and gave it some SAAMI specs and ran with it. Would it not fit in an AR platform?
The 6 dasher runs a 308 bolt face which is .470. The bolt is too big for the AR platform. What they did is use the 6 PPC bolt face which is the same as the Grendel and 7.62x39. They just opened up the 223 bolt face from .384 to .445. Just have to watch pressures. But this should help.

1703072143866.jpeg

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 6 dasher runs a 308 bolt face which is .470. The bolt is too big for the AR platform. What they did is use the 6 PPC bolt face which is the same as the Grendel and 7.62x39. They just opened up the 223 bolt face from .384 to .445. Just have to watch pressures. But this should help.

View attachment 438925
Excellent explanation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom