Ruger American Rimfire .22lr AAR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm generally not the type to post pics of my guns & such...but, Great Googly Moogly did I have fun at the range today!

rar_6727.jpg

rar_6729.jpg

rar_6728.jpg

Inexpensive rifle + inexpensive can + inexpensive scope = pure party! :cool:

Stock #8305 is the 18" threaded barrel.
If you've been on the fence about one of these rifles - I'm here to tell ya to jump on in! Wasn't shooting for groups, but while dialing in the scope, was blown away by the tight grouping this thing was putting on paper. It was the first time out, so we were just trying to get the scope hitting the little Wal-Mart $10 rimfire "popper" target. It worked & was able to get hits 9 out of 10 at around 50yds. just before we packed up for the day. (I ganked one..:( ) Now, to some of you cats, that may not be saying much. But for us mere mortals - that's a damn small target at 50+ yds!
The suppressor did as it was designed to do and exceeded my expectations when shot with "quiet" ammo. It's kinda amazing how loud steel targets ring when you don't have ears on! For the uninitiated, the cowbell rimfire target at Academy is a "must have."
I'm hooked. I'm very satisfied with this purchase and can hardly wait to get to shoot it again.
I'm super cereal.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice! I have a SW MP 15-22 and it's my most fun gun to just flat get after it with! Gotta love you some .22 badassness.

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, this rifle uses the 10/22 mags. Naturally, that includes the BX-25's.
Trust me, Joel - my zombie popper 15-22 gets a work-out almost every time I get to shoot. Hell, I even took it to the OKCFGST shoot, but didn't pull it out.
Matter of fact, it was the 15-22 that got me to appreciating just how fun it is to shoot .22 again! Few things in life are as satisfying as a steel ringing mag dump...
Steve, you're gonna love it too, I can feel it!

Here's a quick I vid I found of a/b'ing suppression:
(no, this is not me)

Last edited by a moderator:

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad you like your new "mission capable" Ruger, buddy! Would have been a good day to head to the range, but sometimes working for a living sucks. I'll get there one day...anyway, congratulations on the new Ruger!

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, didn't do as well as I had hoped at 100yds...But, I have a strong suspicion the problem at least partially lies with the ammo. Aguila shot low and CCI shot high. Didn't bother trying without the suppressor 'cause even if I wasn't getting bulls - I was still having a GREAT time tryin'! haha Plus, it was still ringing that bell @ 50...(and fifty is all I get at the "regular" shootin' spot)

Bhargrin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a young lady that also had a blast at the range with .22, I showed her the battleship targets at the store. Now she wants to have a challenge on our next range day. BallisticBiker are you up for a challenge...lol

Lead Slinger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nothing beats a .22. I remember about ten years ago...I would get off work, go to my bosses house, pick out something shiny on one of the 200 scrap cars, and shoot it until it went away or fell off. Usually blew threw almost brick a day before I got bored.

PS...don't shoot the wheels. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom