Ruger GP100

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How long did the shipping process take from NM? Mine was suppose to get in the mail today (to Tulsa). I'd like to be able to pick it up by Fri.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have been taking 2-3 days.

Mine were supposed to go out on Friday and I had hoped for them today, but MAS was closed. No biggie, but I'll report back in the morning if they did or if they come tomorrow.

h8ns8n

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
picked mine up today (ordered mine outside of group buy) from MAS Gunworks. It is my first revolver and dang is it heavy.... but sweet! I need some advice on cleaning if someone has a link to the thread that had some cleaning and shining tips I would appreciate it. Really lookin forward to shooting the beast.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Watch this video, gives enough that you should be able to follow it, not the clearest video of what he's doing in places, but should work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6VsNf2-hpI

ETA: For anyone that wants and doesn't know how, bring your gun to the swap meet and I will show how to strip it down completely to pins and springs. It's not that hard to do, you can do it!

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got my two cleaned up. These 2 are definitely a little rougher than my first, but both are still very nice for the price. My brother will be surprised tomorrow when he gets here. I hate cleaning these things. One of them I think had ketchup spilled in it. This caused the trigger to be gross feeling and I was pretty worried about it. Once I got it cleaned and reassembled though it was nice as the other two.

I would have a 3 GP pic, but I've been dealing with the cable company since I got home and I'm ready to put my fist through the wall.

I hate Cox.

ETA: I got the TV going. I'm in a better mood now.

ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Guns_20and_20Related_Handguns_1ab5667f.jpg

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quick question for those of you in the know.

Do GP100s have any kind of safety catch when lowering the hammer? Every once in awhile while lowering the hammer, it will catch about 3/4 of the way back down. You can either recock or pull the trigger again to drop it. Not a problem since it doesn't affect firing, but neither the Blackhawks nor Security Six does that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom