Ruger LC9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great to here, I'm jealous. Ruger makes great stuff. I want one. Got to fondle one at H&H, but they were only takin orders.

me 2

Picked up LC9 from Firing Pin today. Nice price & service. Gun has smooth trigger and shoots well. No problems first 50 rounds.

that is definitely good news. I'll pick mine up eventually...I wouldn't expect any less out of the lc9

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spare mags finally arrived today and I went to the range. 200 rounds later I am impressed with the pistol. It is by no stretch of the imagination a range pistol but will serve nicely for concealed carry. I experienced no failures to feed, extract, eject or go bang out of all ammo used. Monarch Steel 115 gr FMJ, Lellier & Bellot 124 gr FMJ, Remington UMC 115 gr FMJ, Hornady 124 gr TAP FPD and Corbon DPX +P 115 gr DPX (lead free). Groups at 5 and 10 yards were as tight as I can make them although the pistol does shoot about 3" low with all rounds. The RTF grip does wear into your hand and I am feeling the rounds in the web of my strong hand this evening.

Bottom line, looking for a CCW, this works for me and may work for you. (Side note: Another shooter was there with a Ruger SR9C and we swapped pistols for mag each. That is a nice shooting pistol and I will consider it for range work/competition. It's about the same size as my Kimber Ultra Carry II so I don't feel I would gain anything for a CCW.)

Thanks for reading and have a great day...

Latest posts

Top Bottom