Ruger LCP, or SIG 232

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cueball

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, i meant to add the Sig 238 as well.
I know the 232 has been around for awhile and is a reliable pistol.
I like the 238, but its new and i haven't found very much on it yet.
Most everything i have heard about the 238 is good though.
I just want to research as much as i can before i buy one for a backup CCW.
Thanks.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't handled either but I would think the 232 would be a little large for pocket carry. The 238 on the other hand, sppears to be small enough but I ma not sure aboout a "cocked and locked" gun in my pocket.

BC

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out of those three I would say the LCP hands down. I own a 238, LCP, and a PPK/s (close to a 232) The LCP is the best out of all these for pocket carry (IMO)

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own a LCP and a Sig 238 and I would give the nod to the Sig 238 all the way. this gun outclasses the LCP in all respects there not even in the same league if you ask me.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with spd67 that the Sig p238 outclasses the LCP. Beautiful gun - I would just rather have a double action in my pocket. But, thats just me

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Even an alloy frame 232 weighs in at 16+ oz, over 50% more than the ~9 oz of the LCP. That alone would have me seriously looking at the LCP over the 232. Now, if I were to be buying them, I would find people with them, and shoot both before buying.

I have neither owned nor fire the 232, LCP, or 238. I have shot the KelTec P3AT, very similar in size and weight to the LCP, and while it is a handful, can be done.

ajl79

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
LCP is a great weapon. This is what i carry in my pocket and tend to forget it is there because it is so light. Its weight and size is very comparable to a cellphone in my opinion. Of course the gun weighs more but not much. I have shot over a 100 rounds through mine and no problems at all.

powdernlead

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own an LCP and am very satisfied with it. It is my EDC at work. I am a mechanic and it is in my pocket all day. After neglecting to clean it for 2 weeks it was DIRTY. Took it to the range saturday and put 100-ish rounds of monarch down range, without cleaning it, with no problems. That puts my round count to about 260 - 270 with no problems. Fondled the sig while I was there, liked it, I just cant bring myself to put sa in my pocket.

Latest posts

Top Bottom