Ruger LCP, or SIG 232

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're willing to pony up the cash for a 232 or 238, the Kahr P380 should also be on your list for consideration. Double action, fits in your pocket, "real" sights (and night sights available), and accurate as all get-out.

I would agree the Kahr is an excellent pocket pistol

Olympicarmsfan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the Ruger LCP is a great looking gun and its one that seems to hit a market with a big bang for a small gun.

I see that there are a lot of mods you can do for the LCP not sure on the others.

I have held one in my hand and it felt good. I think if I didnt have a Polish P64 Mackarov for my pocket gun I would buy the Ruger.

The P64 is a bit bigger but it fits me, my pockets and feels good in my hands. I like where the safty is the only down side to it is when decocked the trigger pull is tough.

I think extra mags are not to bad in price from memory. J&G sales has them I think for 150.00. I paid 115 for mine about three years ago.

See if you can look at one of those in your area. This is just another option and if its not a good one I go with the Ruger.

engraved

Marksman
Reaction score
i just got the lcp almost could put it in my wallet. has a c.t. laser and is a great light weight pistol. looks like a knife "with the after market pocket clip mounted on the side" in mi jean pocket.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry the lcp in a desantis pocket holster everyday. If you find a used one which most certainly will have less than 100 rounds thru it and look like new you can be packing with holster and ammo for under $350. I could easily hit head shots at 7 yards and body shots at 15 yards which I thought was outstanding for a tiny gun with little sights. It gets my vote.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LCP - I may not be accurate with them but for the cost and benefits they are great. Definitely seems to be a point and shoot gun cuz if I try to use the sights and shoot it I am horrible...

Same for me, I consider the LCP a 2 to 10 foot gun, point and shoot, close-up self-defense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom