Ruger LCR 357

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for anyone who has first-hand experience with the .357 version of Ruger's LCR. Keep your non-first-hand, tent-stake-driving recoil opinions to yourself.:coffee2:

How does it handle? Is it quick to aim? Is it well balanced? How does it carry? Any glaring problems? I've heard all the LCR triggers are sweet and much smoother than stock S&W J-frames.

I'm considering purchasing one as a BUG or warm weather carry. I wonder if I can install that cool Hogue Boot Grip from the .38 Spl LCR onto the .357? And that XS Standard Dot Tritium front sight is nice too. Can I replace the front sight on the 357?

Your input is appreciated.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only have experience with the .38 variant (my father owns one) but I like it. Different feel from J frames, if you are used to J frames. If you are not, then is shouldn't make much difference. I suspect it is the balance, but it is difficult to say precisely on a weapon that lightweight. It carries just as easy or perhaps easier. I like the profile and "back line" on the LCR. I can almost tolerate one in my pocket, which I will not say about a J-frame.

I like the trigger and prefer it to an out of the box Smith. It kicks pretty good with .38s due to the weight, and I imagine (and surely you also suspect) that a .357 would pack a good kick. It would certainly be shootable though I would be hesitant to put a couple of boxes of Magnum through it ;)

I will not address the .357 specific questions since I am not familiar with that variant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom