Ruger LCR .38 Special for CC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife finally convinced herself that she wanted a more substantial caliber for her concealed weapon. Her previous weapon was the S&W Bodyguard 380.

I agreed with her so we did our research and leg work over the holiday weekend. Our oldest son is a Lieutenant in a TX police department and recommended that she look at a revolver. She insisted that she wanted a semi-automatic. I encouraged her to consider the revolver and reminded her that I own a .357 Magnum revolver for my CC and she always shoots tight patterns when she fires it at the range.

We spoke to a salesman at a LGS, who showed her the Ruger LCR 38 Special with Crimson Trace Laser. She fell in love with the revolver and she now has a new CC weapon. Now back to the range for practice with her new weapon!

Are there any other wives or girlfriends on here who carry the Ruger LCR? Any tips for good holsters or carry methods for ladies?

LL

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife got one of those for Christmas minus the laser, I didn't opt for a laser yet I'm afraid she will be too dependent on it and I want her to be good with sights. She also needs a holster of some sort.

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We used the Looper "Pinup" holsters (Betty & Flashbang) for her S&W Bodyguard. We are thinking that's the way we'll go for the LCR .38. I think that a horizontal shoulder holster won't work because there no hammer or anything else to hold the weapon in the holster.

LL

Last edited:

vooduchikn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another satisfied LCR owner, good to see.

Wife has one as well, I love it and so does my 13YO daughter.

Wifes lives in a remora holster, works for her and anyone else that needs to stash it away.

Got hers in .357 mag, runs on 38+p.

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lightsluvr, what did you do with the bodyguard and flashbang?
We are thinking about that setup for my wife.

We wound up selling the LCR after 5-6 weeks. The LCR just kicked too much because it was small and lightweight.

We kept looking and she kept shooting different rental guns until she found the one that was "just right". Below is what she carries, a S&W M&P 40 (full size)... This pistol is just the right size and weight, so she can fire it all day long with no wrist, arm or shoulder issues. I liked it so much, I sold my .45 ACP to buy a S&W 40, so call us "twinkies".

The moral of the story is: Don't automatically think that the smaller handgun is the solution for every woman... let her experience shooting with different pistols until she says, "this is IT".

LL

Attachments

• SWMP40.jpg
    SWMP40.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 115

Latest posts

Top Bottom