Ruger LCR Kaboom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never seen a pistol go high order, but have seen a number of M16's. Every one was due to shooter error/ammunition issues. Mostly soldiers in basic at Ft. Benning who didn't pay attention to their rifles an got a "Pop no Kick" failure an fired the next round. The worst was where the instructor was standing to right rear of the soldier firing. The rifle i.e. upper receiver came apart at the weld, striking the intructor on the left side of his face taking out his left eye, and breaking his cheek. The shooter wasn't even scratched.

One of my job's while at Ft. Benning was doing malfunction investigations of firearms and ammunition. I've seen everything from 120MM mortars to M9's that have had issues either with operator error, or suspect ammunition. Some were pretty ugly.

I hope I never see any of that blow up first hand. :bolt:

OologahBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You take the risk with any gun you buy, there is always a risk of catastrophic failure. I looked at buying a LCR and I really liked how it felt in my hand even more than the J-frame, but after doing more research to anyone looking to buy a new gun I would stay away from any of the NEWER RUGER'S the design team they have now has there head up their a**. No offense to any one that is a loyal Ruger owner. Their new guns are junk and they have recalls on most of them. Just one example straight from the box never fired LCR rattles like a baby toy.

DaveTec

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup, I fondled one at H&H, and my first thought was, "This damn things gonna go kaboom!"

Too much light weight polymer and such. And they're gonna follow it with a .357? Good Lord! That's just beggin for the big Kaboom.

I'll take a smith 642 instead....

Latest posts

Top Bottom