Ruger MKI value

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw one for sale, seemed in decent shape, original box. I don't know much about it.

engraved with 1 of 500. are they saying only 500 were made (that would seem odd) or was there some special run. I need to bust out the gun value book one of these days on it.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know the MKII Series guns had many special runs and some of them go for almost $1000.
I would imagine the MKI has some value to certain collector of that series.

Check out RFC and the MKI section

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know much about it but I believe Ruger did a run of MkI in stainless and marked them "1 of 5000". Did it just before they switched to the MkII. Don't know about "1 of 500".
Weird thing about the 1 of 5000 guns is that they weren't all marked the same but were all in the same run. Some had Bill's signature and some said something about "Freedom .22". Can't remember much beyond that now.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll have to take a closer next time and snag a photo next time. I'm pretty sure it said 1 of 500...but I've been known to be wrong before.

He needs glasses guys, he had me going on a Glock 24 Generation 4 model last week. Then he finally noticed it was a 23!!!! Blamed it on his fat fingers hitting the wrong number key! LOL! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA