Radical Firearms RF-15... worthy of $500?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTIZZLE76

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking to make my first AR purchase. I have been looking into building or straight purchase with Aero, Springfield Saint Vic, Psa and some others. During research I came across Radical Firearms.

$500 for a complete gun seems a little "fishy" as my Grandpa would have said, being compared to others in the market that start at $750 and higher for a "Known" name company producing "budget friendly" firearms.

Does anyone have experience with this company? I know they are American made in Texas and have great customer sevice from what I've read/seen. I have watched multiple reviews with most saying it's a great shooter with decent ammo, even better when you factor the price. Spend $500 and the $500 savings can go towards better components like trigger, optics and accessories. Worthy of purchase or spend the extra $ on "higher quality" build or purchase?

I held one at the BX and it feels just as well built compared to my friends PSA, Rugers and S&W.

$505 OTD has my wheels turning...
Thank you for the input! 🇺🇲

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231103_161138_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231103_161138_Chrome.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 20

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honestly I Have not heard anything great about radical firearms. If I were you Iwould buy a parts kit and a receiver from PSA. You can get complete rifles in the same price range, or buy a complete upper and lower and snap em together. You WILK get a better firearm. If you build you also learn the inner workings of your rifle. At first it seems a bit intimidating, but is not really harder than a Lego kit.

My first build I gathered the materials, set aside a day to build my AR...and was done in about 45 minutes. Last one I did was around 15.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/daily-deals-new.html
PSA is a good company, good customer service, based AF and dedicated to arming the average American.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I built my PSA lower and bought the upper from them assembled, with my father. We both bought the kits from PSA and had a great time doing it together. Used a vice to push most of the parts in, it worked better than punches (watched a video on it). If you can build with a friend or relative I would recommend it as the gun will mean more to you than just your first cheap AR. I'll never get rid of it, for the memory of building it with my dad. Besides, I used a Let's Go Brandon lower and that makes it priceless! 😁

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't personally owned a Radical. I've heard generally good things about them. You probably won't be able to buy the individual parts to build a comparable rifle for much less than 500. They carry a lifetime warranty, but the value of that will depend on the company. I think under the circumstances I would buy it. You can always upgrade to a better trigger and other desired parts later.

Latest posts

Top Bottom