Ruger SR 22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Actually the slide should be kept from going back toward the shooter by the barrel since the barrel is attached to the frame, like a Walther PPK/S.

Here is a link to the specs on the SR22.

I have two of them. My first one has SR22 PISTOL on the slide. Ruger decided the PISTOL was redundant and left it off after the first run. I will keep it and perhaps my great grandkids will have something of value. Actually it probably will have to be my great-great grandkids.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like reading on the net (you know how that goes), most of the "problem pistols" from the SR22 camp are the early ones with the "Pistol" noted on the slide; most all reviews I've seen of the post Pistol identification SR22s seem to have fewer problems, at least from my reading. I have a post "Pistol" version (as does a friend), and ours have run flawlessly. I still love my Mark II, and would like to find another bull barreled version to go with it. But no complaints on my SR22.

Funny thing is, my seven year old still prefers the Single Six to the SR.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We took the wife's sr22 out again today and again it ran like a clock. We've had this one about two months. We fed it several kinds of assorted ammo and didn't have one problem. We threw about 150 rounds through it this time and it's been really really reliable for a rimfire gun!!!!! We're VERY VERY happy with hers!! I haven't had to do ANYTHING to it...no polishing, no nothing...just clean it and feed it. : ) Shoots really well too.

sleeperx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got one for my 11yr old son, took it out for the first time a couple weeks ago. We put approx. 200 rds of various makes thru it with zero malfunctions.