Ruger Super Redhawk in 22 Hornet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If that was a 10 shot .22lr to compete against the Smith 617 they would have had something cool….and actually sell a bunch of them.
I think the Super Redhawk is too heavy to compete against the Smith IMHO. Great thought though. I'm betting with that massive cylinder they might be able to get a 12 shot?

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the Super Redhawk is too heavy to compete against the Smith IMHO. Great thought though. I'm betting with that massive cylinder they might be able to get a 12 shot?
Going up to 12 would be a great way to compete. With all the heft it would be the big boy but another differentiator from the 617.

I’d buy a 12rd Redhawk over a 10 shot SW 617 in a heartbeat.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a special place in my heart for the 22 hornet.

But my heart is cold to ruger double actions!

I think the hornet can be too long for the S&W K-frame cylinder, but a 22ccm (cooper centerfire magnum) would fit a K or J frame nicely!

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taurus tried that but it didn't last long. Raging Hornet.
Don't know if it was lack of interest in a .22 Hornet revolver or lack of interest in a Taurus.
Would be fun though. I like the Hornet out of my CZ527.

Didnt Rossi do it too with the Cyclops pistol or something like that? -- There were a bunch of niche' target type revolvers for sale here not too long ago, or maybe even currently --

Im all for new ideas -- or old ideas for young people -- so i hope it catches on --