Ruger Super Redhawk in 22 Hornet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one I may be interested in selling if I can get one ordered w/ the threaded barrel. Ruger site just recently shows them as available. I haven’t checked into closely yet. That all said, the 77/22 Hornet that I have is an awesome flat shooting rifle!View attachment 451933
If you have a verified good shooter, why not just send it off to be threaded? Silencer Central does it, and an excellent job too.
I've sent off 3 so far; no problems, and back in a few weeks.

https://www.silencercentral.com/services/barrel-threading/

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 22 Hornet is a fun round. I use 12.2 gr of lil’gun to power 35 and 40 grain v-max. Flat, good for 200 yards. Just difficult as all get out to find stock ammo loaded for it. Seems people moved to the plentiful 223.
There's been some ammo available lately but it seems to be going fast. SG still has a little Prvi Partisan.
Have been accumulating components but had not thought about Lil'Gun.
Do you anneal cases?

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have not felt the need to, most of the cases being used are zero to one use. The reloads are more accurate than the factory loads remaining. With the factory the rounds are going through same hole but really making it bigger. With the reloads the paper is getting feathered. This is at 100 yards, put a 12x scope on the CZ.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody ever run into a Ruger 77/22 in 22 Hornet?

https://ruger.com/products/77Series7722/models.html
I love the piss out of my sporter. I don’t have occasion to shoot it much anymore, but I carried it frequently for a while and always appreciated what it is. It’s a pretty good shooter too. Im a sucker for the whole 77 rimfire line though.
I guess everyone can not have a cz 527 22 hornet, some have to settle for a ruger.

Glad I did not have to settle
i have a 527 too. I like both, but I prefer the Ruger.

And I like the idea of the Redhawk 22 hornet. It’d make a pretty good truck gun for farm/ranch.