S.Potts knives 2015

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
finished up the leather work, hand sharpened and polished the edges for the last two, now to take the rest of the weekend off and hang out with my girls.

[/QUOTE]

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an custom order for a caping knife with a copper bolster so I decided to just use copper for both projects I had going this weekend. The surprise to me, anyway was how the black ash burl turned out, I wanted mesquite burl for this knife but couldn't get my hands on any, good thing to because these turned out sweet.

1st up is the caping knife 7" total with a 2 3/4" blade @ 1/8" stock thickness 0-1 tool steel. Light acid etch on blade with perimeter mirror polished.
handle is copper bolster, copper pins (#6 ground wire) and stabilized California Buckeye Burl.
didn't notice until after pics I left some polishing compound on the pin just ignore it...lol.

2nd a 9.5" hunter with 4.5" blade cut from 3/16" Alabama Damascus.
handle is copper bolster, stabilized Black Ash Burl, pins are a combination of copper, brass and nickel silver.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is one going to Texas.

Alabama Damascus, Presentation Ironwood, stainless steel bolster with nickle silver, copper and brass accents. Sheath is tooled front and back, dyed saddle tan, 8-9oz veggie tanned leather.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes this knife looks like several of the over the counter knives out there, this one was custom made to specifications provided by another good repeat customer or I probably wouldn't even of made it. I am willing to take customer sketches and make that knife within reason, I know some guys/knife makers wont do that, but to each there own right, and really how much more custom could a knife be than to build it to the exact customer sketch...lol.

This one is kind of quick and dirty, hand sanding just one level at 220g then it went straight into sand blaster for a good frosting, handle is bullet proof linen micarta, blade is 5/32 0-1 tool steel, should make a really good beater while standing out a little from the crowd.

Latest posts

Top Bottom