S&w 22a

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

casualplinker

Marksman
Reaction score
I recently bought a S&W 22A with a 5.5" barrel. It is way more accurate than I am, is not ammo sensitive, takes down super-easy for cleaning, and for less than $250, it's a darned bargain in my book! The pistol points very well for me and I actually like it better, and think it is a better shooter than my Ruger MKIII or my old Buckmark.

Sure don't know why these 22A pistols are not more popular...I say it's a heck of a deal and a good gun for someone looking for a fun, accurate .22 pistol. Opinions?

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a few of them and they are good "cheap" 22's, but I like both my MKII and Buckmark far better. There's also not much you can do to customize them, which is another reason they are not more popular. You sure can't beat them for the price though...

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think they are good guns, very easy to field strip, and from all accounts very accurate. The stock sights, as with most .22 pistols, are pretty hard for me to see.

I don't know if I would call them 'cheap' at they are usually around the same price as the other semi-auto .22 pistols, around $250 with Rugers a little higher.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one and liked it okay, but it was never my first choice.
It was quite accurate with optics but I could never get used to the factory sites.

Latest posts

Top Bottom