S&w 327 R8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Smith model 327 R8. The one with the stainless cylinder....not the RR8. I really think I would like to have one, but dang they cost alot for a wheel gun.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Smith model 327 R8. The one with the stainless cylinder....not the RR8. I really think I would like to have one, but dang they cost alot for a wheel gun.

Unless you really like the lock, and all the MIM parts, I'd look into getting an original 27 or 28. JMHO!

You might not have to pay as much either.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shot one at the H&H expo, that thing is bad ass. Really considered buying one after shooting it a few times. Recoil isn't bad, and it holds 8 rounds. Whats not to love?

Bubber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hondafire this is the one with the shroud over the barrel with the rails and stuff, right? I got to to shoot one decked out with a red dot optic. Great accuracy with 38 short colt brass. What was the price? Any of the Smith 8 shots go from $750 to over $1100 from the Performance Center, Then you get to tune it to your liking. It should have the funny named barrel (polygonal or something similar to Glock barrels). I'd like to have one but I have a few Revos already. I guess one more won't matter. :)

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one and sold it. What attracted me was the ability to use moon clips. However, I found that 8 rounds of long .357's do not load very quickly. I also do not care for the I.L.

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a model 327 chambered in .357. Although, I do have a soft spot for a blackhawk 327. 8-shots, single action, and you can shoot 32 s&w, 32s&w long, 32 h&r mag, or the 327 mag.

Latest posts

Top Bottom