S&w 422?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I came accross a S&W 422 in a pawn shop today in lawton, it looked a bit rough but the odd thing was that the barrel was at the bottom of the slide. Do any of you have any experience with these and are they worth anything?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are good. There is a fixed sight 'Field model' and an adjustable sight 'Target model'. The frame is aluminum and the paint chips easily(assuming its not the stainless finish). Fun and cheap. A threaded barrel adapter is made if you want to run a can on it. How much were they asking for it?

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They wanted $200 for it. Are magazines still available for it? Was this the father of the model 41?

No the 41 was around long before the X22 series of guns. You have the 422 thats blued with 4" or 6"bbl with or without adjustable sights, 622 same as the 422 but with stainless steel bolt and barrel. both have frames of aluminum alloy. Then there is the all stainless steel 2206 in both barrel lenghts with adjustable sights. There is also a pocket model 2213, 2214, first being stainless finish, and second being all blued.

The guns mentioned were designed to function with model 41 mags.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 6" 622; I bought brand new in 1990; Tax and everything out the door for $290 -- I could of got it cheaper elsewhere, but I got a life time membership to Qualified Shooting Supply's indoor shooting range (Broken Arrow, OK; they are no longer in business), it used to cost me $5.00 each time to shoot. If I recall, I made up the price difference in a week.

Very, very light; fairly accurate; mine seems very reliable, heard some horror stories; The only stainless parts are the slide and barrel and control levers; frame is brushed aluminium -- The only problem I seemed to encounter was a grip screw; for some reason I kept loosing the lower left panel grip screw; two on each grip; I remember calling S&W and talking to someone on the production floor; he sent me 4 screws; I still have 2.

My first .22LR pistol; I was going to sell it, years ago,decided not to -- every once and awhile I will take it out and shoot it, still a whole lot of fun to shoot!

Latest posts

Top Bottom