S&W 629-4 44mag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
is it a j, k, or an n frame ?
may seem like a stupid question, but i just got my first smith, and had never really paid much attention to them.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had one years ago with 4 inch barrel. Fun gun. Traded it for a new Remington 1100 20 ga which I still have. Sure wish I still had the pistol, though the 20 ga won me quite a bit of money over the years a few bucks at a time in skeet.

The '29 was real accurate for such a short gun, and a real handful to shoot. I never reloaded for it at the time. My .44s now are a Redhawk, a Super Redhawk, and a Ruger carbine. All stronger guns, but the trigger in the 29 was a little better.

You do know you can shoot .44 special in yours if you want less recoil. With my pistols the .44 special shoots in a pretty different place than regular .44 mag. The carbine doesn't like .44 special at all. Becomes a bolt action and likes to jam.

I presume you'll reload for your .44. CB

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is a M629 (no dash) that I received as a gift when I graduated college. It was ported and tuned by MagNaPort. Have yet to find a revolver with as smooth of a trigger as this. And yes, it is on the S&W "N" frame.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a number of N-frames. I love them all. They range from the 627 , the 629, 28, two 520's a 625 two Model 22's. And probably one or two others.
Like I say, I love them all.

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks everyone for the feedback. CB, I doubt I will reload for it,it's very pretty, and may become the designated safe queen. The Loaded Black Stainless Springer in lay-a-way, however, I plan to try and wear that baby out!

Latest posts

Top Bottom