S&w Bodyguard 38spl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garrett09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up a new Smith bodyguard with the insight laser. So far i like how low it fits in your hand. Will give a range report when i get some ammo down range (soon). Here is some pics with a LCR to compare. [Broken External Image] [Broken External Image] [Broken External Image]

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if it will still take the J frame grips or if it's a totally different frame size? I guess that also can be asked on physical shape and size..........if it can use the same holsters, etc.

J-leblanc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
nice looking gun! im definitely planning on getting a j frame s&w, seems like an essential. i love that guns with lasers come with that warning sticker, "warning pointing this gun at your face may be dangerous with the laser on" :D

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I handled one at Academy, and it felt pretty good. The integrated laser was really cool.

If I were a snubby revolver guy, I'd be really interested.

garrett09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man! You must wear coke bottles!;)

That gun is fugly!

That said, I've never been turned off by novel appearance if the tool will do the job and the new Bodyguard series looks to have some promise despite some weaknesses.

Michael Brown
Your gonna hurt her feelings, i told her she looks like a prom queen.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got to handle one of these at work. The latch is interesting, I like it. The laser you have to manually activate with a button press. That's kind of a turn-off for me.

What's great about the crimson trace grips is they are an automatic system. Assuming they are armed you simply pick up the gun. Not so with the new Smiths...

Ek

garrett09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got to shoot it today and i really like it.The recoil is soft with the low bore axis. I put 100rnds of fmj 130 and 20 speer gd sb 135 in it. I think it shot great. Here is a 5 shot group at 7yds using laser and speer ammo.[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom