S&W j-frame grips???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COLT 45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought an Airweight 642 yesterday and am not in love with the stock grips. At some point (when I find a good deal on some) I'd like to put Crimson Trace LG-405 Lasergrips on it. But, in the meantime, does anyone know who makes short rubber grips that cover the backstrap to dampen recoil the way the LG-405's do? Thanks.

COLT 45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't Pachmeyer or Hogue make grips for that?

As far as the short rubber grips go, Hogue makes the Bantam grips but they don't cover the backstrap to reduce recoil. As for Pachmayer, I can't tell from the pics on their website if any of theirs do so I figured I'd post here to see if anyone has any info about them or any other brand.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gotcha. I don't know for sure either but I think the Pachmayers do. At least they meet back there and then you have to deal with that irritating seam all the time.

GrannySyl

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought some Hogue that cover the backstrap, last Thursday, at the gun shop in Bethany.
I don't remember the name of the shop, but, it's just a few steps east of the Post Office. At the time all they had was pink. They were expecting some black ones in this week.

Great guys to talk to.

COLT 45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought some Hogue that cover the backstrap, last Thursday, at the gun shop in Bethany.
I don't remember the name of the shop, but, it's just a few steps east of the Post Office. At the time all they had was pink. They were expecting some black ones in this week.

Great guys to talk to.

I believe the grips your referring to are the Hogue Monogrips with 3 finger grooves. I like the way those look but I'm looking for some that are the size of the Hogue Bantam grips with 2 finger grooves. They're shorter and more easily concealed. But, of course they don't cover the backstrap like the Monogrips do. Thanks for the input though. :)

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Great guys to talk to.

C&J Sporting Goods? Those guys are great. :sunbath:

COLT 45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 642 came with Uncle Mike's boot grips on it from S&W. The only thing I don't like about them is they don't cover the backstrap like the LG-405 CT's do. It's looking like my choices are either get the CT's or settle for a longer grip like the Hogue Monogrip. Thanks for all the input.:)

rr2008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And what are you expecting from the CT's? If it recoil dampening, I don't feel it. If it is because you can't see well enough to use the sights and have to have the laser, ok, but make sure you can see well enough to know what is behind your target. The wife has the 405's on her's, it still kicks hard. I think that getting a sight picture with the sights on the gun is much quicker than using the laser, but the laser does have it's benefit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom