S&W M&P 340 Scandium J-Frame and .357 loads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been wanting to get one so bad! I just haven't justified it yet. My 442 is fulfilling the role at the moment. Is a 340 worth the extra $$$?

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You boys need to come shoot my buddies 500 S&W with his 700grain custom loads. Now THAT will make your hand hurt.

No Thanks!!!!

I've been wanting to get one so bad! I just haven't justified it yet. My 442 is fulfilling the role at the moment. Is a 340 worth the extra $$$?

Not even close! Stay with all steel in a J-frame! First you'll never have to worry about the frame cracking under the barrel. Do your homework, it happens alot! Two use proper ammo. It doesn't have to be something close to a .50cal going off in your hand. I would rather be accurate, than wondering if I can burn them to death with the muzzle blast!!

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
gotta throw my two cents in ... main reason for CCW a urber light revolver like 340PD is not the firepower.
it's so light most time I forget it's in my pocket. which goes back to the old saw .. the best weapon is the one on your person.

everyone is different .. I'm super sensitive to amount of weight that I can carry on my person before it bugs the **** out of me.
yes I pack .357 ammo but it's been carefully vetted for controlability, it's really closer to .38+P ammo.
some .357 ammo just about breaks skin it hits so hard and definitely not the ammo I'd want to shoot in 340PD.

if one cannot put all five rounds inside a pie plate at 10yds after much practice .. you are using the wrong ammo and/or wrong gun.

these particular rounds kick closer to .38 +P
home.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_340_20ammo.JPG

these .357 from walmart kick like a mule .. your hands sting after shooting a few rounds of these in 340PD
home.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_340pd_20ammo.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom