S&W M&P fullsize $299

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Cabelas has a S&W M&P 9mm fullsize for $299 or $284 if veteran (confirm veteran status online). After taxes for veteran it is $310 OTD!! plus rebate going on 2 boxes critical defense, two additional magazines, caldwell mag charger.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I know I can google as I already have. What is the difference between 1.0 and 2.0? Yes I see size cut outs, and its metal supported frame, and supposedly better trigger. Is there really a difference to justify the price difference?

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I know I can google as I already have. What is the difference between 1.0 and 2.0? Yes I see size cut outs, and its metal supported frame, and supposedly better trigger. Is there really a difference to justify the price difference?

Lot's of small changes in addition to the ones you mentioned.
Slide release modified to prevent auto forwarding.
More aggressive stippling on the grips (and it comes up higher), front strap, and back strap.
Additional size offered in back strap that falls between medium and large.
Different retaining pin for above that makes it much easier to swap.
Removed stippling under trigger guard near the grip (thank you!)
The slide is slightly lighter

A few minor variations that can easily play havoc with the fit of your kydex 1.0 holster:
Slide on the 2.0 9mm FS is narrower the 1.0 FS
Dust cover under the barrel is wider at the muzzle end.
Frame is slightly wider front and back of the take-down lever.
The area of the left side in front of the slide release is wider by .075" or so.

This shouldn't impact most leather holsters. I could barely feel any difference in my Milt Sparks VM II when I first tried it. But I have had to modify several kydex holsters to make them fit more precisely.

Many people will claim they fit fine. Some have and realized the issues when I pointed them out and did some additional fitting on their holster.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I need another gun like I need a hole in the head, but with the military discount and free shipping, it's a great deal.
You can add a Taran Tactical mag extension or a Taylor Freelance (which I own and use on my comp M&P) to get 5 more and stay within the USPSA mag length regs. Very little extension from the butt of the gun.
The Taran is easy to break down if your wanting to screw around and clean your mags at a match which is unnecessary so you don't have to tape targets or reset steel, or you can go with the Taylor that requires breaking down at home.
I've done about 5K rounds through my my Taylors without a single mag cleaning, and my gun runs 100%.

Ordered.