S&W Model 22 (45ACP)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burnston

Marksman
Reaction score
I am late to the party, but eager to join.
At my age, I missed out on the golden age of revolvers and revolver fighting techniques, (which is not to say I've ever been, nor wish to be in a gunfight,) and it is very gratifying to see posts like this one, (even old ones,) expressing appreciation for the practical use of wheelguns and time proven cartridges.
I carry a m21 .44spl for work every day, which is the round-butt, .44 version of your m22. I traded into it in 2016, straight across for a Ruger No.1 in 416 in a small town in western Oklahoma. It was a one sided trade, but I was in desperate need of a packable work revolver and my wife and I did not have money for such things at the time. I was forced to make it work and I've been proud to see it out-perform its shooter ever since, in spite of its dreaded recent production, exhibiting the hated side-plate lock.
The success of this revolver pointed me in the m22 direction, in eager anticipation of the day when cash multiplied and bills diminished. This day has not arrived, and I have a little apprehension to transition into .45 ACP, in spite of its time proven effectiveness. Still, your endorsement and experience is not only a pleasure to read, but satisfying and informative. You have renewed my interest in newly produced versions of time proven classics.
S8nebwrl.jpg
DbDva0Ul.jpg
RwmlA7ll.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom