S&W model 360

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdubya

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got mine in last week. WOW! It's a handful to shoot but love it. At just 13ozs I knew it would kick bad and was prepared for it. Shot 25 rounds to get used to it and then tried to qualify on our 25 round course. My point of aim was center mass at 25 yards but that put the impact high near the head and out of the scoring ring. Tried a second time and scored a 21 out of 25. Dropped one round because of a 6 round stage (only 5 shot cylinder) and my other three rounds were just off the scoring ring (those were from 25 yards).
Shoots pretty good for a snubby. I didn't find follow up shots to be difficult at all. Stages included 4 shots in 4 seconds etc.
The cylinder release will need to be filed for sure as my thumb was bloodied and beaten.

Bevenue

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is relevant to my interests, as I'm considering getting an M&P 340. What rounds were you shooting? And are you using the stock grips?

I switched the grips on my M&P340. These really helped with reloads from a speedloader. Lots of people are also loving the Laser grip #405.They have rubber up higher on the frame to help your hand hold together.

I make it down to the carry match in Edmond every once in a while. Your free to take it for a spin if you want. Oh and with full house .357's it will split my hand every time.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I switched the grips on my M&P340. These really helped with reloads from a speedloader. Lots of people are also loving the Laser grip #405.They have rubber up higher on the frame to help your hand hold together.

I make it down to the carry match in Edmond every once in a while. Your free to take it for a spin if you want. Oh and with full house .357's it will split my hand every time.

Thanks for the offer! My schedule at work just changed, so I will hopefully be able to make it to a carry match (I've never done any pistol competitions). I've thought about the #405 laser grips if I do get to pull the trigger on the 340.

Last edited:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, the mighty J frame will reach out there and do it's job if you do yours.

I finally gave in to lpd4570's advice and "upgraded" to an all stainless steel model 640 for my daily pocket carry. Since then, I've found (because of the recoil) that I shoot this little feller a lot more than I did it's Airweight bretheren.

And no, I can barely tell the difference in the weight of the two in my front pocket. I mean, naturally the Airweight is gonna weigh less but the difference between the two is not extraordinary.

I'd rather deal with a little heft if it means I'll actually shoot the damned thing more. :ugh2:

Thanks Leighton. :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom