S&W Model 59

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have had a S&W Model 59 for about 25 years now. It was my first Pistol and I had had no previous experience. I have since purchased a Glock 22, XD Sub-compact in both the 9mm and 40.

I have found I dislike the fact that the Model 59 will not shoot if the magazine falls out. I can imagine that it was thought to be a safety feature.

I have thought about selling it and getting a Glock 17, but have had many second thoughts as this is a piece of History that I have. Do any of you have any experience with this handgun and should I keep it?:patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

I have the 5906, which is the 3gen of the original 59 series. If it was mine I wouldn't sell it. The magazine disconnect isn't that big of an issue. You've got 15+rnds on board, and even if you need to do a tactical reload where you change out a partial for a full, you don't make the change till you have the full ready to be inserted.

Latest posts

Top Bottom