S&W releases new SD handguns...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I'm going with GED, glorified Sigma. Now, if this glorification involves Sigma with the M&P trigger, that plus the night sights and pic style rail would make it a pretty good deal for a brand new quality gun.

I'm going to say I like it, at least well enough to shoot one.

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is not the worst idea. A Sigma upgraded with a front night sight (all you need, really), different trigger and a rail for a weapon light. Anyone notice any other differences?

I bet you'll be able to pick one up for $400 on sale or when S&W has a seasonal special.

That is smart for S&W because, in my experience, new shooters who just want a nightstand gun for home D often draw their budget line at $400. I tell them, "If you are willing to bump that up to $500 or $550 you will open up a lot of excellent options," like Glock, XD, M&P, but some won't or can't do it.

Viewed another way, new shooter with $500 to spend could pick up one of these and tack on a couple hundred rounds of ammo and some range fees, and thus get needed practice.

I predict these will start showing up in CCW and training classes with some regularity. Hope they prove to be decent pistols.

onwmed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom