S&w sd9!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

ArmedCivy

Gut check time for the SD9! I field stripped to clean today and i shot break free down into the trigger return spring...Apex suggests to shoot white lithium grease inside the spring, which inturn collects particulate from combustion...and i was unable to clear the spring of unspent powder with the greace inside of it. This resulted in a gritty trigger pull, so i pulled the trigger out, completely removed all the greace and particulate from the spring, regreaced, and reinstalled. It was a bit of a pain in the butt; however, going through all that trouble DID bring the smooth trigger back. I'll have to see if there is an easier way around this. The original spring had a piece of felt inside, maybe i can remove it from the original spring and throw it in the new one. MAYBE...

Just wanted to keep those interested in this setup aware of what i'm seeing.

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems to be a solid shooter....good deal. Once I get some money for practice ammo, I will get a hold of you and see if you want to shoot on the pd's range? Probably next month at least.....

D

dunit35

My wife owns the sd40 and she loves it. We did get a discount on it for being military. It's not near as nice as my m&p but still a fine choice.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the report...I was reall lookin at these...for the cost...but have to admit they do look nice.
Niceshootin.... by the way. I figure if I can hit a 9" paper plate at 25yds....thats chest size..!!

A

ArmedCivy

Thanks for the report...I was reall lookin at these...for the cost...but have to admit they do look nice.
Niceshootin.... by the way. I figure if I can hit a 9" paper plate at 25yds....thats chest size..!!

I hope this gave you some insight on how the gun performs! I've taken it out to the range again with my brother, he really liked it too, and it continues to perform very well! Still had nice tight groups, but no one holers at 25 yards! That was a fluke, but I am still very pleased with the accuracy. I did a speed drill, pulling the trigger as fast as I could, and the group was 5 inches at 5 yards. I came away smiling!