SA-35's on the shelf at two stores in Norman.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those that may be interested.

Atwoods has two 9mm SA-35's in stock.....$649.99+ tx.

Academy has the same exact gun in stock......$749.00+ tx.

SA35.jpg

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Slide and frame forgings are from Turkey...Tisas, I think. They are assembled in Illinois.

ETA: I found the article where I read that:

https://gundigest.com/gun-reviews/springfield-armory-sa-35-review-the-grand-puissance
They also say it’s made in the USA from a forged steel slide and frame. That’s true. What they don’t tell you is the frame and slide come—80 percent—from Tisas in Turkey (Springfield Armory wouldn’t confirm this but I have it on good authority). However, that’s not a bad thing, and given Springfield Armory sources other handguns and parts from outside the U.S., it shouldn’t be a surprise. Tisas is a very capable manufacture that turns out high-quality products, and this is one way Springfield Armory managed to keep the cost of the SA-35 manageable … and I applaud them for it.

Last edited:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an Israeli version of the SAR48 back in the 90s. Those were Imbel receivers with Israeli barrels and parts kits.

Used to be you could tell a US made Springfield by the serial number. Anything with a "NM" prefix was American made. Something like that. They source parts/guns from so many places it's hard to keep up with.

Leadlobber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I considered buying a SA 35 , BUT was put off by what the display gun looked like the finish on both sides of the slide was scuffed and worn off . The sales guy said something about kids mishandling the gun . No worries ... right
So what would a hot blue job cost ? Or cerakote ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom