Safariland 6378 first review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good afternoon all, I just ordered my new paddle holster in case I feel the urge to OC at any point. I wanted a retention holster that fit my M&P 40c well, (without a lot of extra space at the bottom because it was actually made for the full size) but didn't want a stage 3 with the loop etc. So after reading a ton of reviews it was between the Safariland or the Blackhawk CQC or Serpa. First off let me say I have always preferred Safariland products, but the fit and finish on this thing is fantastic. Even though it is a paddle holster, it comes with a belt loop attachment which is great. It is adjusted right out of the box where the retention is functional, but the pistol is not held so tight that it is difficult to draw. Also the thumb release is right in the middle of the normal drawing motion and does not affect the position of my trigger finger, like in front release holsters. And for $34.00 (after $5.00 Midway Coopin) the price cant be beat. Summary - Great price, initial quality, design, and dual donning option (belt/paddle). So far I would definitely recommend this holster to anyone. I will come back after I get more use out of it. (may be a while since I don't plan on OC'ing often...)

i781.photobucket.com_albums_yy95_zseese_94D50F5E_8085_4C7B_B11ac9326e2b9fadb5a3c71e53c0f1a232e.jpg

i781.photobucket.com_albums_yy95_zseese_9A11281D_4A13_4C92_AD33449c95c6c25ed9a0a7b2f3d9af5a153.jpg

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The belt loop version is my go-to OC holster for my G-21, for when I'm on the boat fishing. Don't wanna lose it overboard when I'm hauling in a big one! :)

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad to see the ALS holsters are getting such good reports, from officers and civvies like me alike! And AKG, you won't regret it, this is my first retention holster, but I have had several Safariland holsters and the quality is always great and I've never been disappointed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom