Saiga conversion questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the link! You're not kidding, that looked like a lot of work. I think I'll go with a Tapco hand guard with built-in rails, and just mount a tactical light there. Might not be as elegant, but it certainly would be easier ;)

I may end up doing the same thing (mounting on forearm). I think my preference is to hang the light under the barrel though. I'd like something that keeps the light as close to the barrel as possible, so I'd like to find some double ring design rather than rails, since it seems like that adds some bulk. I've gotta believe they are out there, but so far I'm not finding it. Any ideas?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a similar decision to make during a Remington 870 project - where to mount a tactical light. I decided against mounting it near the muzzle for two reasons: one, that such a location put more weight up front; and two, a remote switch would have to be run back to the hand guard via a wire. I felt putting the light on a bracket adjacent to the hand guard, which "centralized" the weight of the light and mount, also allowed me to operate the switch with my fingertips. Simple and effective. That's why I'll go with the Tapco hand guard and built-in rails on the left, right, and bottom. This also lets me mount a vertical pistol grip easily, should I so desire it.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tony just used some kind of double-clamp on his. It's been on there for years.

LOL @ that mag.

[Broken External Image]

That mag is awesome! Another 5 rounds and it would need a wheel on the bottom.

I'm a little depressed about about my light options after seeing Bob's solution. There's only two things stopping me from copying that-- lack of ability and equipment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom