Santorum suspends campaign

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the funniest thing I've ever read on the internet.

When Romney loses the GOP reaction is gonna be "He wasn't conservative ENOUGH to beat Obama" and 2016 may shape up to be the most entertaining wingnut circus to ever be bussed around the country.

I am basing that on the history of the GOP nominating process and the general election, it has some very clear patterns. Namely that the GOP usually goes with the next in line but if you fail twice you are out. Also most of the time the voters do not like for either party to hold the WH for more then 8 years in a row. There are exceptions to this but most of the time it works that way.

If Romney does not win this time he will have had his two tries and will not be a serious candidate in 2016.
Santorum made a reasonable showing this time so will be the next in line and get the nomination.
The Dems will have had their 8 years so the voters will give the WH to Santorum.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am basing that on the history of the GOP nominating process and the general election, it has some very clear patterns. Namely that the GOP usually goes with the next in line but if you fail twice you are out. Also most of the time the voters do not like for either party to hold the WH for more then 8 years in a row. There are exceptions to this but most of the time it works that way.

If Romney does not win this time he will have had his two tries and will not be a serious candidate in 2016.
Santorum made a reasonable showing this time so will be the next in line and get the nomination.
The Dems will have had their 8 years so the voters will give the WH to Santorum

Yep. Republicans are exactly that stupid. Lord save us from ourselves. :(

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
RickN does not want to admit that a majority or Republican women would probably vote for a rabid dog rather than vote for a man so interested in imposing his will on their reproductive process.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. Republicans are exactly that stupid. Lord save us from ourselves. :(

Lawl. Thinking he can get the nod in 2016 is one thing; thinking he can pull off a general election should be grounds for committal.

That is funny since his support among Republican women was just fine. You guys forget that not everyone thinks like you or the liberals.

True enough, but it's not hardline Republican women that make or break elections. 56% of the female vote went to Obama in the 2008 general. There are more female voters than male voters. Santorum is not McCain. It's not a complex math problem. Santorum can't pull women, moderates or independents in a general. His showing in the 2012 primary is just a reflection on the post-Obama GOP delusions.

The fact that Santorum, as this hilarious 2012 circus is coming to an end, is the Republican's best hope for 2016 is actually more sad than funny. I mean I'm laughing, but it's still sad. Obama's gonna beat Romney because Romney is not conservative enough! We'll fix that by 2016! Interstate highways? We're gonna eliminate that. Public schools? We're gonna eliminate those. FDA? We're gonna eliminate that. National Forests? We're gonna develop those into condo communities and use the profits to pay down the deficit. EPA? Eliminate it. Gay marriage? Gonna ammend the constitution to call them Flithy Faggy Abominations (FFAs). Pro-Life? We're gonna need full criminal investigations and polygraphs after all miscarriages.

Grendel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fact that Santorum, as this hilarious 2012 circus is coming to an end, is the Republican's best hope for 2016 is actually more sad than funny. I mean I'm laughing, but it's still sad. Obama's gonna beat Romney because Romney is not conservative enough! We'll fix that by 2016! Interstate highways? We're gonna eliminate that. Public schools? We're gonna eliminate those. FDA? We're gonna eliminate that. National Forests? We're gonna develop those into condo communities and use the profits to pay down the deficit. EPA? Eliminate it. Gay marriage? Gonna ammend the constitution to call them Flithy Faggy Abominations (FFAs). Pro-Life? We're gonna need full criminal investigations and polygraphs after all miscarriages.

Don't forget that once he repeals Roe V. Wade, and abolishes all government sponsored health care, when women are forced to give birth to their rapists' babies, they will also get a nice fat $10,000 bill from the hospital and their OB to cover the costs of being forced to carry and deliver a baby that they never wanted or asked for in the first place. Whooah! The Republican Party: "We're here to end Government control over YOUR life"

Latest posts

Top Bottom