Saw this this afternoon....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple cattlemen around me still do it...I'm just outside of Tulsa. It doesn't bother me when a farmer or rancher does it. Yeah it's ugly, but it just seems "Oklahoma-ish". I think they used to do it for a variety of reasons. A rancher would do it to show the neighbor he got a coyote, and hunters with permission to hunt would do it to show the land owner they are successful.

I also like the flatheads on t-posts. Now I think it's way trashy and redneckish and I would never do it...but again it's part of Oklahoma's charm to be driving down a country road in July or August and see rows of giant, shriveled up fish heads staring skyward for eternity. Brings to mind a bunch of fat, shirtless dudes with rebel flag tattoos drunk on cheap beer and frying fish next to a Trans Am with Skynyrd on the 8 track. In other words, it feels like home.

HAHA Home sweet home! I used to always cut off a pig's ear if I shot it in the pasture and hang it on the gate for the rancher to see so he knows I'm not falling down on the job. I had quite a collection till the varmints found them.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably the redneck in me but I like to see the coyote and catfish on the fences as well. It is still pretty common practice in haskell county. That being said there is alot of things that go on down there that would be frowned on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom