Saying goodbye to another of the greatest generation tomorrow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tomorrow we will see another of the greatest generation put to rest. He was a friend of my father and a man I truly respect and will miss.
He served his country in WWII, raised wonderful children, was there to help before anyone asked, loved his country and Oklahoma.
So few left and soon there will be none. Let them not be forgot.
Goodbye my friend

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They earned and deserve being called The Greatest Generation. My prayers are sent.
Thanks Joel. During the service a member of the family talked about how much he missed all his friends. Most have passed on now and that just hit me like a ton of bricks.
We will soon have none of these great men left and so many of the brave men that served in Vietnam are going as well.
See one, thank them. Let them know it mattered.

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We just lost WWII Sgt Don Burgett, A Company, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st A/B, this past week who detailed his battle accounts in four books for each campaign he participated in. Also lost Mel Pliner who flew I believe 4 or 5 glider missions and was shot through the forearm on the last mission.

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They defended America and her allies at the time of her greatest need and truly are America's Greatest Generation. Sad to see fewer and fewer of them each day. We owe them far more than we can ever repay.

Latest posts

Top Bottom