SB1556 by Jerry Ellis?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tgillespie

So since I don't agree with your handling of the matter or didn't shout your praises, I am giving the Senator a pass?!?! That is a very interesting interpretation you have on my comments. Try not to take the constructive criticism so personal and get your feelings hurt.

The truth is I didn't give the Senator a pass. I have tried contacting the Senator, wrote my Senator to urge opposition of this bill, posted the letter I sent so others could use, and will followup with them if I don't hear back. I don't think anyone is giving the Senator a pass in this thread or buying this Bill as good for anyone.

I'm not talking about on the bill itself. I know you aren't giving him a pass on that. But here is what I'm talking about: 1) we did try to reach him and gave him a week to respond before we said anything; 2) it is his bill and he had about two weeks in which to look over his bills and make changes that needed to be changed; and, 3) he did not do his job - make sure his bills weren't botched. Yet, we are the ones who messed up because we went with the story. That's what I meant by he gets a pass and we don't.

My feelings aren't hurt. I'm simply defending my actions. My point, though, is that it seems like you are laying all the blame for what you believe is a bad situation on us. As I said, we can agree to disagree and I'm fine with that - we can move on and play nice.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not talking about on the bill itself. I know you aren't giving him a pass on that. But here is what I'm talking about: 1) we did try to reach him and gave him a week to respond before we said anything; 2) it is his bill and he had about two weeks in which to look over his bills and make changes that needed to be changed; and, 3) he did not do his job - make sure his bills weren't botched. Yet, we are the ones who messed up because we went with the story. That's what I meant by he gets a pass and we don't.

My feelings aren't hurt. I'm simply defending my actions. My point, though, is that it seems like you are laying all the blame for what you believe is a bad situation on us. As I said, we can agree to disagree and I'm fine with that - we can move on and play nice.

You are correct, we will agree to disagree as I never did any of what you said. I didn't blame OK2A about the bill as I know OK2A did not write it and has not sponsored it. I blamed OK2A about the way the original post on their site and email sent out was worded.. If you cannot see that, there is nothing I can do as I have clearly laid the blame about the bill at the feet of the Senator.

T

tgillespie

You are correct, we will agree to disagree as I never did any of what you said. I didn't blame OK2A about the bill as I know OK2A did not write it and has not sponsored it. I blamed OK2A about the way the original post on their site and email sent out was worded.. If you cannot see that, there is nothing I can do as I have clearly laid the blame about the bill at the feet of the Senator.
I never said you blamed us for the bill.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never said you blamed us for the bill.

As I can see trying to get you to realize that there are enough gun rights groups already that like to over dramatize the intentions of bills and that maybe OK2A could be a little more careful on how they word things in the future, I am going to stop posting in this thread since the thread seems to have run it course on discovering the nature of SB1556.

I will continue to keep in contact with my Senator to make sure he understands where I stand and to see where he stands on this issue. Hopefully the bill gets shut down even if we don't agree with how OK2A handled their posts and emails.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom