SB1733 passed the Senate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Clay said:
Oh yes, there is a seperate "living room carry" permit that is required. A leo may in fact knock on your door to see if you are in your living room with a OC pistol and can ask to see your permit.

Don't let them see an XD in the open if you've got a coffee table in there.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bill was amended 4/4 by PSC. Todays vote was on those amendments and now it goes back to the house to vote again.

I think you mean it goes back to the full senate for approval of those amendments. Rumor has it, they have agreed to the amendments.

Oops.....posted before I finished reading.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, they have another month to go.

Not really...

Deadline 2012 Session
Deadline for redraft requests Wednesday, January 18, 2011 by 5pm
Deadline for filing legislation Thursday, January 19, 2012 by 4pm*
Session Convenes/Reconvenes Monday, February 6, 2012 12 noon
Deadline for reporting House bills and joint resolutions from House committees Thursday, March 1, 2012
Deadline for Third Reading of bills and joint resolutions in house of orgin Thursday, March 15, 2012
Deadline for reporting Senate bills and joint resolutions from House committees Thursday, April 12, 2012
Deadline for Third Reading of bills and joint resolutions from opposite house Thursday, April 26, 2012
Sine Die Adjournment, no later than 5:00 p.m. Friday, May 25, 2012 5pm

The 4/26 deadline for third reading is to the best of my knowledge the practical deadline for passage of a bill.

I'm no expert on the impact of passing that deadline so maybe someone who knows the system well, like Veggie Meat for example, could step up and explain the deadline dates and how it impacts 1733 and 2522.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's what I thought... I was thinking end of April was the deadline. But then again, these people just make up rules as they go along, so there's no telling.

Latest posts

Top Bottom