SB1733 passed the Senate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the third reading of SB1733, the following nine voted no and probably will be similar to the 10 who voted no this time:

Adelson
Ballenger
Bass
Eason-McIntyre
Johnson, C.
Laster
Lerblance
McAffrey
Wilson

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the running posts for us in the blind with little internet. Thanks also to all who kept the pressure up to help this happen. I have no intent to open carry, but now do not have to hide and be in fear of someone getting a gimps of me doing something legal. Thanks again. Wahoo

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can somebody sum this up for us. What does this give us now if she signs it? Open carry with a CC permit? Do I have to take another training class? Details please.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
My understanding is that it changes the current CHL license to a HL (handgun license). No new class, no new license. For those of us with current CHL's we can open carry with that, and when we renew it will change over to whatever new card they have.

There was something about district court judges and district attorneys being able to carry too.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also, if I'm understanding correctly, NO notification clause upon contact with a LEO. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Latest posts

Top Bottom