SBR Build Suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCherokeeKid

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Quick question. I am putting together a Noveske 8.5" Upper. Currently I have an 8.5" Noveske Barrel, a Noveske N4 stripped upper, BCM BCG and BCM Charging handle. I need a suggestion for a rail. I also have the KX3 Pig Brake. I would like the rail to be long enough so it doesn't completely suck the brake into the rail.

Any suggestions on a good rail set up for this 8.5" Barrel??? any help would be appreciated. I know certain rails will work with the Pig Brake but I really don't want to hide the brake at all but I would like the brake to be as close to the rail as possible.

Thanks!!!!

Congrats to :osu for beating TEXAS today..

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what requirements do you have for the rail beside clearance issues with the pig?
i.e., are you planning on attaching accessories? what accessories and what position do you want them to be in?
Or, are you just wanting a rail as a place to put your other dominant hand?

Koshinn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why a 8.5" with kx3? Why not a 10.5" with A2?

If you're set in the 8.5 and KX3, the problem is that rails are generally 7", 9", 10", 12", 13.5", and rarely longer than that. For a 8.5" build you either get a rail like a Rainier Arms / Samson Evolution in 9", or virtually any 7" rail of your choice.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Issue is the pig won't fit as the NSR is too small of internal diameter. 8.5 barrel with pig and 9 inch NSR won't work.

Ah... It's been a while since I abandoned my want for the flaming pig in favor for quieter things. After perusing the link above, it was the DD MFR that I thinking of that had a similar look to the NSR.

Latest posts

Top Bottom