Scheduling a doctor's visit after the holidays . . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
is definitely a bad idea.

While most of my labs and vitals were normal my triglycerides were much higher than last visit and my BP was slightly elevated.

Ugh . . . I knew I shouldn't have pigged out quite so bad over Christmas. All of those sweets didn't do me any favors.

Time to lay off of them again . . .

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My last four chocolate chip cookies are in a container on the counter next to my desk. They will be lucky if they survive to be dessert AFTER supper.

And yes, I've gained a few pounds. I doubt the results from blood tests would be all that bad, except for the pounds put on.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My last four chocolate chip cookies are in a container on the counter next to my desk. They will be lucky if they survive to be dessert AFTER supper.

And yes, I've gained a few pounds. I doubt the results from blood tests would be all that bad, except for the pounds put on.

My weight was up 2 lbs . . . I hate that they don't knock off some for clothes. :)

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My weight was up 2 lbs . . . I hate that they don't knock off some for clothes. :)

I weigh at home every Saturday morning, if we are at home. Oh, and I don't wear clothes for weighing. One has to stick to a certain criteria, you know. If I said underwear only weighed 1/2 a pound, the wife would disagree.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, went to the store today and usually I buy a something sweet like. cake or cupcakes but not today, not this soon after the holidays. I've eaten far too much for my height.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, we did just the reverse. Our church small group, usually referred to as a Life Group, hosted the firefighter's lunch today after services. Wife decided we would take a dessert, so we picked up one of those cookie-cakes at Sam's that is like a double cookie with filling inside. Sadly, there was quite a bit left over, and since the firefighters are more cautious of what they eat, we got to bring all that extra home.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha Ha, I realized without getting on the scales. But all I have to do is push back away from all things that have any grain in them for about two weeks. Most people do not realize that entails close to half of the products in a supermarket. In my opinion, anything with any grains in it is worse than sugar, at least sugar gives you a little energy. Grains do nothing, just a filler and your body has no way to burn it off. JMO

Myself, got to schedule having my eyes worked on. Kinda getting a little hazy in my shooting eye. Sadly I won't be able to use that for an excuse not hitting center any more, have to get more creative.

Latest posts

Top Bottom