School me on S&W revolvers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S&W 10

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
PRESERVED FOR STORAGE????????????

You just send it on down here to me, and I'll treat her right, she's in bad need of being fed some 158gr medicinal lead!!!!! :sunbath:

I have a few others, in 95% or less condition, that get fed periodically, but I think this one will remain on a starvation diet. ;)

I noticed a message from you yesterday, but the PM's are fubar again so I can't even read it; I'll try to respond when things are operational.

98pointsix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a few others, in 95% or less condition, the get fed periodically, but I think this one will remain on a starvation diet. ;)

Its like keeping a racehorse in the backyard.
That is a really nice pistol though, I dont know if I could resist shooting it once, I guesse it would depend on how much I paid for it.

S&W 10

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its like keeping a racehorse in the backyard.
That is a really nice pistol though, I dont know if I could resist shooting it once, I guesse it would depend on how much I paid for it.

More like a show dog...
I got into it very reasonably, but it's worth considerably more than what was paid. They are great shooters, but it's unusual for me to find a 64 year old M&P that's in this condition and unfired. I have several other postwar transitionals that already show a little use, so there's no point in me reducing the number of those remaining unfired for future collectors.

Now if I could just find an unfired non-registered Magnum...Well, hummm; I guess I'd take a registered Magnum if it was forced on me. Now those are Race horses! :)

S&W 10

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
my grandpa has an unfired 4 inch model 28 no dash in the box with the wax paper and tools and all that. I want it so badly
I can't blame you for wanting it so badly...sounds like a beauty!
The 28's are a great platform for a .38/.357; big and heavy to soak up the recoil and easily take the pressure .357, they also don't have the forcing cone issue of the model 19 when used with the hot 125 grain loads. The price of Model 28's has really gone up lately, but they can be found for a reasonable price if you're patient and are one of the best bargains in the N-frame line up.
My first S&W was an old 1961 four screw no dash 28; I still have it and will probably be the last one I get rid of. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom