Seiko 5 Actus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Have been looking for a deal on one of these for a while... Finally got one with a blue dial . It needed services as do most of the watches I get but I put is on my watch list and the seller offered it to me for $50........... Jumped all over that............
20240404_133928.jpg

^^^^ That is what arrived!!!! Freaking USPS can kiss my booty! Seller refunded my money with zero argument , so there is that. In USPS's defense, I do not think it was packaged very well. In my opinion it should have been in a box .....

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, a completely half-assed packing job which is exactly why it went missing. I'd never dream of shipping a watch in a padded mailer, let alone in a non-padded manilla envelope.

This is pretty much par for the course when it comes to eBay sellers nowadays. If it fits in an envelope, that's how it's going to be shipped. Regardless of how fragile (or valuable) the item might be.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife collects Pyrex and Corning cookware. She found a refrigerator dish she had been wanting for quite some time from a seller on ebay. The seller claimed they would carefully package the item, and even claimed they videotaped packing in their auction. She bought it. A few days later the box arrived, loosely packed with balled up newspaper and a few crushed Styrofoam peanuts, lid busted in three pieces, dish itself had a large chip in it, all the pieces still in the box, even the chip. Took her over a week of complaining and finally a report with the original ad and pictures sent to ebay before she received a refund. Some sellers are horrible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom