Senate Gun Grab(debate) has started

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would even allowing this to progress this far not be in violation of the Constitution to begin with? Wouldn't that be breaking the oaths of all these politicians? They swore to uphold it correct?

Technically yes, and it is an interesting scenario and discussion. While I could be completely wrong I just can't see 16 Republicans in the Senate voting Aye and potentially ruining their chances at re-election if they weren't certain that there was no way this would pass(some of them would vote Aye regardless......McCain, etc). This way it appeases the Democrats so that they cannot whine and complain that the "heartless republicans have railroaded any and all attempts at even discussing gun legislation." It also exposes the Republicans and Democrats would who vote yes on the actual bill. Its a gamble, but arguably worthwhile one that could potentially grant them a majority in the Senate in 2014.

Obviously the right/patriotic thing to do would be to filibuster the bill until it dies, but these guys and gals are playing politics......

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those politicians sure don't do much.
They just returned from a 2week sping break, they took a week off for President's DAY, and they normally adjourn at noon on Thursday to catch a flight home.

Most of today when I tune in they are not doing anything but milling around on the floor while waiting for something to happen.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly, there is nothing to debate!!! You don't debate the Constitution.

This is the entire point. If it's something that effects our Constitutional Rights it should not even be debated, it should be thrown out immediately. These politicians swore to uphold the Constitution when taking office, not disregard it & do whatever they want. I'm just hoping now that it's moving forward it fails miserably on the next vote.

Latest posts

Top Bottom