Senate rejects expanded background checks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nifrost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
POTUS is PISSED!

I listened to his lil 'fit' on my home this afternoon. I think it's good for him to get a taste of it. Personally I agree with the vote. Give them an inch and they'll try to take a mile. I hope our senators will continue to affirm that the 2A is not open for debate.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love the articles and comments claiming Senators caved-in to political pressure. Isn't political pressure the same thing as acknowledging the will of your constituents?

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Correct. There be the problem. My opinion is that I am all for more stringent back ground checks. Now, you get denied ownership thru a dealer then you shouldnt own a gun. Simple. They want to regulate the transaction of this said person from buying privately by forcing the good guys to register and forfeit their rights to keep him denied....No bueno.

Right now, the government is prohibited from maintaining a central database of 4473 applications. They can only go to a dealer (FFL) and ask for a particular form if there is probable cause. Also, 4473 forms are deliberately kept as paper copies, so it is impossible for the FEDs to steal this information if it were in digital form, and maintain a database in secret.

It has long been the holy grail for anti 2A folks to maintain a central database (registry) of who owns what, since that will allow for swift and relatively peaceful disarmament of the population. Right now they cannot do it.

Now, imagine if there was a requirement that ALL transactions pass a background check. To MONITOR if that requirement is being followed, the government HAS to be able to TELL that a sale ACTUALLY TOOK PLACE. the only way to know that a sale actually took place is to know WHO owned WHAT before and after any transaction.
Knowing WHO owns WHAT is REGISTRATION. Thus, the UBC requirement is an excuse to legitimize the creation of a central registry.

Registration is a very very bad idea. It has always led to confiscation, after a long period of harassment of gun owners. 2A is about preventing a central tyrant from creating a standing army stronger than the populace. The last thing the populace wants is a central database that can be used by any potential tyrant to disarm the populace.

The entire push for Universal Background checks over the last few weeks has been as a pathway to allow the Executive Branch (DOJ and POTUS) to get executive orders in motion to allow creation of this registry.
If the Feds were actually serious about background checks and NICs' effectiveness, they would have pursued people after they were denied NICs checks, since it is a FELONY to lie on the 4473 form. Why are the people who lie on the 4473 form almost never prosecuted?
Check this article out:
http://www.newsmax.com/JohnLott/bradylaw-gunownership/2011/06/14/id/399967
Hope this makes some sense for you.
:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom