No Background Check Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stopped by H&H today and purchased a Sig P322 I had been looking for. Apparently there is a new thing where a background check is no longer needed if you have a valid concealed carry permit that has been issued in the last year or so (not sure exact date).

Was talking to the sales guy about it and sounds like it was a new law in Oklahoma and and if you have a permit issued on or after a specific date (or renewed like mine was) then you don’t have to have a background check conducted until the permit is 5 years old, after that it’s required again until you renew them the 5 years of no checks starts again.

Just figured I would share, no idea when the law was past or much more about it then what is above and what we talked about. Sounds like I was the first guy he had done the new process with though so sounds pretty new. Also not sure if all stores are complying with this especially the bigger national stores like Bass Pro or Academy.

Anyways, love the p322 so far!

IMG_7970.jpeg
IMG_7972.jpeg

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. I thought we had discussed this on here a little while ago.

Regardless, it definitely makes things easier/faster. Especially when NICs goes in and out of service so often.
Might have and I had just missed it. Been several months since I have bought from a store and not from OSA members so I might be behind. At least at H&H though sounds like they just started it

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's nice to hear. Especially after a purchase at Cabelas last year, which was quite the hassle.
Took 20 minutes at least. After the 4473 came back!

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being discussed in Law & Order.

The only date on my renewal is Sept 1st, 2023. So, there is no other date for the FFL to go by so we should be good. Just watch out for the big box store they might have their own rules. I asked a gun counter guy at Academy, and he swore up and down that was not the case.

Latest posts

Top Bottom